When I was first diagnosed, I wanted to meet someone in my situation and ask a million questions. Of course I wanted them to have been in my situation for several years to tell me what worked and what did not work. I know that everyone has a different battle to fight but some rules apply to everyone. Someone usually has to make a mistake to learn a lesson. Or, they can learn the lesson from someone who has already tripped. Everytime I visit a website, or read a book or talk with someone that has MS, I walk away with something. Maybe every bit of information did not apply but something did and changed the course of my treatment or outlook in some way.
There is always the information you will want to reject. For instance, I bought a book that suggested abstaining from chocolate. I returned the book the next day. Take away meat and milk and cheese and just about anything but please, not chocolate.
I will post titles of books that I have read along with some of my favorite resources and continue to let you know how I am getting better. Through modifications on diet, excersise, prayer and positive thinking I know I can make this better. When I was first diagnosed I look for the quick fixes. Now I know that gentle changes and being open to the possibility of curing a disease without a cure is the answer for me. If you have MS, I hope I can help you. If you don’t have MS, I hope I can help you with another battle.
- I tweet regularly about minimalism, simple living, and #project333 here: @bemoreithless - Come on over and say hello! 4 years ago
- RT @wegoamanda: My latest blog feature on The Ride Project's @CourtneyCarver and her #MS blog story: http://ning.it/aQLyKG 7 years ago
- RT @MyelinRepairFdn: Congratulations to Scott Johnson for being selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year... h ... 7 years ago
- RT @ThisIsSethsBlog: Seth's Blog: Will you miss them if they leave? (Call for linchpins) http://bit.ly/an0RhP 7 years ago
- RT @thebowenagency: Intro: RuthAnn Bowen, owner of The Bowen Agency PR, helping start ups and small businesses who don't know zip about ... 7 years ago