In an effort to practice Yoga daily I thought I should find a regular time and space. My normal space is in my bedroom because of the hardwood floors. My new time is 5:15 a.m. I figure if I can make it to my class Monday mornings at 5:15, I can find my way to the floor every morning. The only problem with this time/space combination is that Mark is usually still sleeping at 5:15 a.m.
This morning, I practiced in the family room. It wasn’t the perfect space but it was space. Bailey was sleeping soundly, Mark was sleeping, Guinness (the dog) was sleeping. Who wasn’t sleeping? Wilbur and Ella! Who knew that cats liked Yoga mats??? So, until they got bored, I practiced Yoga with the cats. Once the cats took off and I was midway through my practice, Mark and Guinness came out to start their day. I relocated to the bedroom to finish up. Mark came in a couple of times getting ready for work. I went through the motions and finished up but realize that I need a new time or a new space.
Tomorrow, I will try starting at 5am but I am not willing to go much earlier. I thought maybe a shed in the backyard would work for space but as I thought it through it with Mark, it became much more complicated (and expensive) than I originally thought. Maybe a space heater in the garage? Or if I breath quietly, maybe I can stay in the bedroom while Mark is sleeping. I know, it’s a stretch, but I want to figure this out! Let me know if you have any suggestions!
Here was the cool thing about this weeks Yoga practice. When I first started to do Yoga, it was supposed to be a time to quiet my mind. Instead, all I could do was think. I thought about Yoga, I thought about the weather, I thought about MS, food, work, groceries, snow, family…I couldn’t stop thinking during that “quiet” time. While I haven’t reached that silence that makes you one with God and the Universe, I have started to streamline my thinking. Now, when I am breathing and resting in Yoga, I am thinking about the great energy I am creating through breath and movement. It is easier for me to stay in the moment. Next step, God and the Universe, oh and reversing MS!!
- I tweet regularly about minimalism, simple living, and #project333 here: @bemoreithless - Come on over and say hello! 3 years ago
- RT @wegoamanda: My latest blog feature on The Ride Project's @CourtneyCarver and her #MS blog story: http://ning.it/aQLyKG 7 years ago
- RT @MyelinRepairFdn: Congratulations to Scott Johnson for being selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year... h ... 7 years ago
- RT @ThisIsSethsBlog: Seth's Blog: Will you miss them if they leave? (Call for linchpins) http://bit.ly/an0RhP 7 years ago
- RT @thebowenagency: Intro: RuthAnn Bowen, owner of The Bowen Agency PR, helping start ups and small businesses who don't know zip about ... 7 years ago