I took my shot last night with grace and gratitude and woke up this morning with no grace, little gratitude and with what I can only imagine was one of the top ten headaches of all time. When I say, I woke up, that implies that I actually slept, which I didn’t. I got up about 5:45 a.m. and took an Aleve, grabbed an ice pack and went back to bed. I wrapped my head in the ice pack as crazy as it sounds and it actually helped. By the time I got up at 6:15 a.m. my head still hurt, and I felt like throwing up but my eyes didn’t feel like they were going to pop out of my head. I think I may have a little flu or something on top of the Avonex hangover as it seemed especially bad. I still feel bad tonight and usually I start feeling better by late afternoon.
I am a little discouraged that the Avonex side affects haven’t lightened up any. I thought by month six of Avonex and two months of Rebif, I would be able to handle things a little better. I am not doubting my mission, but I do wonder why I think I am powerful enough to heal myself from MS but I can’t even overcome the weekly side effects of the drug that is supposed to be part of the healing process. I would like to believe that the worse that Avonex makes me feel, the harder it is working.
- I tweet regularly about minimalism, simple living, and #project333 here: @bemoreithless - Come on over and say hello! 4 years ago
- RT @wegoamanda: My latest blog feature on The Ride Project's @CourtneyCarver and her #MS blog story: http://ning.it/aQLyKG 7 years ago
- RT @MyelinRepairFdn: Congratulations to Scott Johnson for being selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year... h ... 7 years ago
- RT @ThisIsSethsBlog: Seth's Blog: Will you miss them if they leave? (Call for linchpins) http://bit.ly/an0RhP 7 years ago
- RT @thebowenagency: Intro: RuthAnn Bowen, owner of The Bowen Agency PR, helping start ups and small businesses who don't know zip about ... 7 years ago