Lent began yesterday along with my forty day commitment to daily meditation with my healing mantra. (see 40 Days – #37).
It took me about a 1/2 hour to go through the mantra with my Japa Mala beads. It was a great start to my Yoga practice. While I am not sure that words and thoughts alone can reverse disease, I think it is a huge part. I think that visualization is also important. Sometimes I think about and visualize repairs and re-myelinating. I visualize what it must look like as it is going on in my brain and what it will look like when I have my next MRI.
My visualization shows the Myelin being repaired with a paintbrush. I know it sounds half crazy but it seems to be working for me. It’s also more soothing. Thinking of it in a non-medical way is easier to embrace and get excited about.
- I tweet regularly about minimalism, simple living, and #project333 here: @bemoreithless - Come on over and say hello! 3 years ago
- RT @wegoamanda: My latest blog feature on The Ride Project's @CourtneyCarver and her #MS blog story: http://ning.it/aQLyKG 7 years ago
- RT @MyelinRepairFdn: Congratulations to Scott Johnson for being selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year... h ... 7 years ago
- RT @ThisIsSethsBlog: Seth's Blog: Will you miss them if they leave? (Call for linchpins) http://bit.ly/an0RhP 7 years ago
- RT @thebowenagency: Intro: RuthAnn Bowen, owner of The Bowen Agency PR, helping start ups and small businesses who don't know zip about ... 7 years ago