Last night I made the trip up TheBigNasty for the third time this year. I did it Sunday and then again Monday night. In all honesty, it has not gotten any easier. My heart rate jumps to the high 180’s or low 190’s. I huff and puff all the way. The only thing that has changed is that my doubt of completing the trip is gone.
While I have the usual soreness after a ten mile ride and hour of yoga, I feel really “normal” or
un–MSy. Yes, that is the technical term I use to describe it. I know I could be the remitting part of relapsing-remitting but I also could be making improvements. The vitamins and good food and exercise combined with visualization and meditation could be making a dent. Maybe the Avonex is helping too. Everything is so unknown!
I have had a case of the “what ifs” lately. What if Dr. Foley recommends more MRIs before prescribing Tysabri and things look good? Will I still switch from Avonex to Tysabri? What if the MRIs look good, even better than before? Is it the Avonex or my lifestyle changes? Do I need to be on any drugs?
and the one “what if” that I don’t give alot of attention to is…..what if I feel great and my MRIs look worse? I have never been a very good test taker so maybe I should not invest so much in a brain test.
What you see isn’t always what you get.
- I tweet regularly about minimalism, simple living, and #project333 here: @bemoreithless - Come on over and say hello! 3 years ago
- RT @wegoamanda: My latest blog feature on The Ride Project's @CourtneyCarver and her #MS blog story: http://ning.it/aQLyKG 7 years ago
- RT @MyelinRepairFdn: Congratulations to Scott Johnson for being selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year... h ... 7 years ago
- RT @ThisIsSethsBlog: Seth's Blog: Will you miss them if they leave? (Call for linchpins) http://bit.ly/an0RhP 7 years ago
- RT @thebowenagency: Intro: RuthAnn Bowen, owner of The Bowen Agency PR, helping start ups and small businesses who don't know zip about ... 7 years ago