If vertigo will not leave me, I will find a way to leave vertigo. I am starting to accept the fact that I don’t have the power to turn it off or make it go away but I do have choices. I can get over it, get through it and/or get used to it. It will be a fight as I know that the steroids will try to make me grumpy and frustrated.
Here is my plan for the next 7-10 days….
1. Modify yoga practice – just because I don’t feel well enough to do my usual yoga practice doesn’t mean I can’t do yoga at all. I will practice 15 – 30 minutes a day doing comforting poses and healthy stretches.
2. Be grateful – I will remember that my symptoms could be worse and that they will likely get better.
3. Cleanse – I have alot of powerful drugs in my system along with extra sugar and flour (my comfort foods). For the next seven – ten days I will only eat fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds. I will drink lots of room temperature water and warm tea with dandelion extract. I am dehydrating apples and making a nice veggie soup for snacks.
4. Rest and Sleep- I will rest. All of the things that I feel guilty about not doing will be there when I stop resting. I will go to bed before 9:30 every night.
5. Walk – Dizzy or not, I will walk every day and spend time outside.
6. Music – I will only listen to my favorite music in the car this week. No radio – only Ipod favs.
7. Alternative Therapies – I will try acupuncture, massage or PT for Vertigo.
8. Take care of my family by taking care of myself – I know that my family needs me and they get worried and frustrated when I am not well. I will take care of myself now so that I can better take care of them.
- I tweet regularly about minimalism, simple living, and #project333 here: @bemoreithless - Come on over and say hello! 4 years ago
- RT @wegoamanda: My latest blog feature on The Ride Project's @CourtneyCarver and her #MS blog story: http://ning.it/aQLyKG 7 years ago
- RT @MyelinRepairFdn: Congratulations to Scott Johnson for being selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year... h ... 7 years ago
- RT @ThisIsSethsBlog: Seth's Blog: Will you miss them if they leave? (Call for linchpins) http://bit.ly/an0RhP 7 years ago
- RT @thebowenagency: Intro: RuthAnn Bowen, owner of The Bowen Agency PR, helping start ups and small businesses who don't know zip about ... 7 years ago