I am happy to report that I don’t have a lot of MS stuff to talk about. I feel great. I have been off Avonex for three weeks now and really am really starting to feel like my self again. I thought Avonex only affected me once a week but it really does change the way I feel on a day to day basis. I will find out Thursday if my insurance company is ready to cover my Tsyabri. If they aren’t, I will go back on the Avonex for a few weeks until things are straightened out. I do not want to be without treatment for longer than five weeks.
This weekend has been lazy and fun. I slept in to almost 9:00 yesterday and today. Yesterday, I went to Yoga class and made my black bean brownies. They are great. Bailey and Mark love them! Bailey even licked the bowl and didn’t notice any difference. In fact, they still don’t know and won’t until they read this post.
Here is the recipe:
1 Box Brownie Mix
1 15 oz Can Black Beans
Rinse Beans thoroughly and put them back in the can. Fill the bean filled can to the top with water. Puree the water and beans. Add mixture to brownie mix, stir, and bake according to the directions on the box. They are full of fiber and protein, no egg or oil and you cannot tell!!
Yesterday afternoon Bailey, Mark and I went to the movies. We saw “Wild Hogs”. It was stupid but had some funny parts. Today, I baked bread and am making pizza dough for dinner tonight. I think if the rain holds out, we are going to try and play a little tennis this afternoon. I called about joining a league this spring. I would love to get back into competitive tennis. I worry about playing outside in the heat this summer, but with my cooling vest, everything should be fine.
I got a call from someone at Biogen Idec about being an Advocate while I was in Mexico. I returned the call and left a message. I hope to hear back this week. I think it will be great to reach out to others with MS considering treatment options. I know there have been several people both locally and online that really helped me and continue to help as I find the best treatment for me.
- I tweet regularly about minimalism, simple living, and #project333 here: @bemoreithless - Come on over and say hello! 4 years ago
- RT @wegoamanda: My latest blog feature on The Ride Project's @CourtneyCarver and her #MS blog story: http://ning.it/aQLyKG 7 years ago
- RT @MyelinRepairFdn: Congratulations to Scott Johnson for being selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year... h ... 7 years ago
- RT @ThisIsSethsBlog: Seth's Blog: Will you miss them if they leave? (Call for linchpins) http://bit.ly/an0RhP 7 years ago
- RT @thebowenagency: Intro: RuthAnn Bowen, owner of The Bowen Agency PR, helping start ups and small businesses who don't know zip about ... 7 years ago