I never thought things would be as bad as they were.
Avonex kicked my butt last night. I took my injection at about 7:30, took a shower and watched Grey’s Anatomy. I went to bed about 9:15 and fell right asleep. I woke up just before midnight shaking. My entire body was shaking and sore. I could not even stop my teeth from chattering. I wasn’t cold but I was shivering like I was stranded in a blizzard. Mark asked me if I needed another blanket but it wasn’t the temperature that was making me shake. It took some deep breathing to calm down but I finally fell back asleep. I was up and down until the morning. I don’t know what was worse, the shaking, nausea or achy everything. Last night was my worst experience with Avonex side effects.
Mark took Bailey to school today and I slept in. I could not have gotten through this without his help. I got up at 7:00 a.m. with the dog and then went back to bed until 10:30. I worked this afternoon – slowly. It is almost 5:40 pm now and I am exhausted and not thinking clearly. I am looking forward to waking up fresh tomorrow and having a fun weekend. I plan to call my insurance company on Monday again. I can not go through another night like last night. There has got to be a way to expedite the process of getting my Doctor approved so I can start Tysabri soon!
- I tweet regularly about minimalism, simple living, and #project333 here: @bemoreithless - Come on over and say hello! 3 years ago
- RT @wegoamanda: My latest blog feature on The Ride Project's @CourtneyCarver and her #MS blog story: http://ning.it/aQLyKG 7 years ago
- RT @MyelinRepairFdn: Congratulations to Scott Johnson for being selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year... h ... 7 years ago
- RT @ThisIsSethsBlog: Seth's Blog: Will you miss them if they leave? (Call for linchpins) http://bit.ly/an0RhP 7 years ago
- RT @thebowenagency: Intro: RuthAnn Bowen, owner of The Bowen Agency PR, helping start ups and small businesses who don't know zip about ... 7 years ago