I have been off Avonex for one month now. I feel so good.
My insurance company has not finished their contract with Dr. Foley and they think it may take some time. Dr. Foley suggested that I start back on the Avonex until things are resolved. I am doing my injection tonight. I am putting it off as long as possible. I didn’t realize how much emotional crap goes along with the physical side effects. At this moment, I cannot see myself loading the syringe into the little gripper and attaching the needle. At this moment, I have no idea how I will inject myself with the stuff that I know will make me so ill.
The thought that will get me through is that I have had no new visable lesions on my recent MRIs. That is reason enough. I will also think about the fact that this is only temporary. It could be that I only have another month of Avonex and then a month off and can get started on Tysabri the beginning of July.
I will act strong but I feel defeated. I will feel better after I get this injection over with….and then worse and then better again for six days.
- I tweet regularly about minimalism, simple living, and #project333 here: @bemoreithless - Come on over and say hello! 4 years ago
- RT @wegoamanda: My latest blog feature on The Ride Project's @CourtneyCarver and her #MS blog story: http://ning.it/aQLyKG 7 years ago
- RT @MyelinRepairFdn: Congratulations to Scott Johnson for being selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year... h ... 7 years ago
- RT @ThisIsSethsBlog: Seth's Blog: Will you miss them if they leave? (Call for linchpins) http://bit.ly/an0RhP 7 years ago
- RT @thebowenagency: Intro: RuthAnn Bowen, owner of The Bowen Agency PR, helping start ups and small businesses who don't know zip about ... 7 years ago