June has been jam packed with friends and family and surprises. It’s the perfect month for Avonex detox. We celebrated Mark’s 40th birthday party on June 17th. It was a great surprise. I am sure Mark thought we would do something fun but was not prepared to see his sister, and best friend from back east along with great friends and colleagues we have met in Salt Lake. It was a day to remember!
Mark’s mom has been visiting from Sweden for the month and went home today. I am excited for things to get back to normal, but miss her already. Oh sheesh, I was missing her this morning before she left! We had an amazing time together!
If that wasn’t enough to keep me busy, I had breast reduction/lift surgery this past Friday. It is something I have wanted to do for a long time and finally found the time (and the insurance coverage). I was mildly concerned that this may cause an MS flare but felt fairly confident that I would be ok. No Flare, no pain, no problem. There was really nothing to it. I think the anesthesia took a lot out of me but the actual procedure was much easier than anticipated. I stopped taking pain medication on Sunday and have been up and about since Saturday. I am working from home this week and will be back to the office on Monday!
There are still a few more days of my MS drug free month and I plan to enjoy every minute. And when July comes…I will enjoy that too!!
- I tweet regularly about minimalism, simple living, and #project333 here: @bemoreithless - Come on over and say hello! 4 years ago
- RT @wegoamanda: My latest blog feature on The Ride Project's @CourtneyCarver and her #MS blog story: http://ning.it/aQLyKG 7 years ago
- RT @MyelinRepairFdn: Congratulations to Scott Johnson for being selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year... h ... 7 years ago
- RT @ThisIsSethsBlog: Seth's Blog: Will you miss them if they leave? (Call for linchpins) http://bit.ly/an0RhP 7 years ago
- RT @thebowenagency: Intro: RuthAnn Bowen, owner of The Bowen Agency PR, helping start ups and small businesses who don't know zip about ... 7 years ago