I just got home from the gym and I feel great. I’m back from my drug induced slump and pity party. I don’t think I did a lot of complaining out loud but I know my inner voice was going on and on about how bad I felt and wondering why I couldn’t tolerate my infusion better and was I going to get another chance and would my headache ever go away and wahhhhh wahhhhh wahhhhhh…..
I so appreciate your comments and thoughts, well wishes and advice. I have heard many positive things about LDN but unfortunately there is no clinical research on the effectiveness. With a disease as potentially progressive and unpredictable as MS, I want to use something that I know will work or feel is working. I also incorporate other things like yoga and healthy eating, vitamins and minerals which have no clinical data but I feel strongly about using a disease modification drug. From the research that I have done, most patients with MS do quite well for the first ten years or so untreated but then things seem to go downhill. I’m not going downhill!! (unless I am on skis)
I do believe in the healing properties of prayer, positive thinking, exercise, laughing, friends, family and eating right but MS demands all the weapons we have to fight it off.
I really enjoyed the comment about a drug not working if it doesn’t have side effects. My first (crappy) neurologist recommended I try Copaxone because it was “well tolerated”. She agreed with me that it wasn’t very effective but thought we should give it a try because of the minimum side effects. Huh?????
Tysabri has eliminated my tingles, has given me more energy and doesn’t make me sick two days a week.
I am calling today to schedule my third infusion.
- I tweet regularly about minimalism, simple living, and #project333 here: @bemoreithless - Come on over and say hello! 3 years ago
- RT @wegoamanda: My latest blog feature on The Ride Project's @CourtneyCarver and her #MS blog story: http://ning.it/aQLyKG 7 years ago
- RT @MyelinRepairFdn: Congratulations to Scott Johnson for being selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year... h ... 7 years ago
- RT @ThisIsSethsBlog: Seth's Blog: Will you miss them if they leave? (Call for linchpins) http://bit.ly/an0RhP 7 years ago
- RT @thebowenagency: Intro: RuthAnn Bowen, owner of The Bowen Agency PR, helping start ups and small businesses who don't know zip about ... 7 years ago