I have recommitted myself to healing and preparing for battle. While I am no expert, not perfect and can not promise that what I do will make you feel better, hopefully some of what I share will be helpful.
Two weeks ago, I had a phone consultation with Dr. John Douillard. He is an Ayurvedic Doctor out of Boulder, Colorado. You can google him or check him out at youtube. He has written several books including The Three Season Diet.
My Sister-in-Law heard about him at Kripalu, a center for Yoga and Health in the Berkshires. After reading The Three Season Diet, and doing a little bit of research, I set up a phone consultation. Between Dr. Douillards book, his advice based on my health history and current health and lifestyle, everything I know to be right for my body and input from my neurologist, I have put together a plan for better health and no more steroids. The plan is will evolve and change but for now, here it is:
1. Wake up with or before the sunrise.
2. Eat three meals a day, no snacks. (70% Fruits and Veggies)
3. Move Daily with a variety of exercise
4. Eat largest meal at lunch
5. Make meals relaxing
6. Walk after lunch for ten minutes
7. Take a multi-vitamin & calcium supplement
8. Take recommended herbs, Ashwaganda and Manjistha
10. Go to sleep before 10:00 p.m.
I am not perfect everyday with every part but for the most part have stuck to the plan. I haven’t walked after lunch that often but am trying to figure out how to fit that in. After ten days, I honestly believe that the Ashwaganda is making a difference. I am also adding back the other supplements that I used to take, but slowly. I am going to follow up with Dr. Douillard in another three weeks and if things continue to go well, I hope to visit him in the fall or next spring.
So, will this plan replace the need for Tysabri or another MS drug? Not yet, but maybe someday.
- I tweet regularly about minimalism, simple living, and #project333 here: @bemoreithless - Come on over and say hello! 3 years ago
- RT @wegoamanda: My latest blog feature on The Ride Project's @CourtneyCarver and her #MS blog story: http://ning.it/aQLyKG 7 years ago
- RT @MyelinRepairFdn: Congratulations to Scott Johnson for being selected as a finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur Of The Year... h ... 7 years ago
- RT @ThisIsSethsBlog: Seth's Blog: Will you miss them if they leave? (Call for linchpins) http://bit.ly/an0RhP 7 years ago
- RT @thebowenagency: Intro: RuthAnn Bowen, owner of The Bowen Agency PR, helping start ups and small businesses who don't know zip about ... 7 years ago